Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement

3 posters

Go down

Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement Empty Re: Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement

Post  thanksme Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 am

Bieda wrote:after receiving the request from the user i immediately start the procurement process.
Users' expectations is that i procurement an such a product at the possible lowest price, shorter time, high quality. These becomes the major consideration of the procurement officer on the users' perspectives.
Why are these expectations always not fulfilled in Tanzania public procurement. The public procurement in Tanzania is characterized by the high prices, longer delivery period, and sometime low quality.
I beg to submit

I tried to understand your concern, and i have come with the following output
1.  high prices
As you know Government usually pay for Goods, works or services after the delivery and it may take long time (it may reach a year) therefore for the supplier to cover the risks of late payments they always inflate the price.
2. longer delivery period
This may Happen if the supplies is not readily available on shelf, and the supplier needs to import. also many of our suppliers whom we usually deals with, have no capacity to supply the required supplies, what they do is, after getting an order form the PE, they then look for another BIG supplier and they purchase form them.
This may also INFLATE the price as well as DELAY the delivery, as many of our suppliers are MADALALI
3.low quality
The market is flooded with sub-standard goods, and the tendency of our supplier wanting to get the huge profit, so they opt to purchase those supplies that of low quality and resale in a high price.
thanksme
thanksme

Back to top Go down

Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement Empty Re: Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement

Post  RJM Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:23 am

Bieda,

Your submission is not true - the PPA 2011 requires PE to plan its procurement activities. What about of your PE?

More highlight is required.
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement Empty Why value for money not achieved in Tanzania public procurement

Post  Bieda Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:27 pm

after receiving the request from the user i immediately start the procurement process.
Users' expectations is that i procurement an such a product at the possible lowest price, shorter time, high quality. These becomes the major consideration of the procurement officer on the users' perspectives.
Why are these expectations always not fulfilled in Tanzania public procurement. The public procurement in Tanzania is characterized by the high prices, longer delivery period, and sometime low quality.
I beg to submit

Bieda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum