Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY

4 posters

Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty Discount Vs Bid Security

Post  Nicholas FD Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 am

Hello my fellow Forum Members,

Thank you RMJ for clarification and warm welcoming to this forum.

To the best of my knowledge and I stand to be corrected, the aim of Bid Security as I know is there mainly to safeguide that particular bid from premature withdrawal of the bib and is normally set as fixed amount or any acceptable guarantee by client and is stated in a standard bid documet [sect 3.4 of stantard ppra bid document]. The Bid Guarantee will remain in force up to and including 30 days after the expiry of the bid validity period. The client will immediately return the bid securities of unsuccessful bidders upon expiry of the bid validity period, but this can be delayed beyond that but be communicated.

If the bidder decides to withdraw his/her bid before stipulated time his/her bid security wont be returned.

In short, I think the is no discount of bid security.

With thanks

Eng. Nicholas FD

Nicholas FD

Back to top Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty Re: DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY

Post  RJM Wed May 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Nicholas you most welcomed in this Knowledge Management Database.

Nicholas + Freddy + Gadiel - the cross-cutting issue here is whether the discounted bid security is acceptable or not? No one can deny the fact that the evaluation of bids is done in accordance with terms and conditions stipulated in the bidding documents. It is also a fact that the discount is acceptable in the evaluation process provided that it was properly recorded during bids opening ceremony.

Let us see what other forum members will say on this.

Last edited by RJM on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty Discount Vs Bid Security

Post  Nicholas FD Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi every body to this forum,

Evaluation is normally done according to instructions given to the bid document, if at all that discount is written in that bid document it is clear that should be considered.

Eng. Nicholas

Nicholas FD

Back to top Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty DISCOUNT VS BID SECURITY

Post  freddy.mbeyella Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:35 pm

It is a tricky question. But what I can say discounted bid security is acceptable provided that the total tender price quoted in the Tender Form, excludes any discounts offered.

To avoid such confusion it better to state bid security as fixed amount rather than percentage of bid sum.

freddy.mbeyella

Back to top Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY

Post  GadielCM Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:47 pm

RJM,
Your submission seemed to be challenge for practical experience in evaluation of bids often.

But to me, I would shed the way that in this scenario, there are two issues here to be discussed and agreed, but in short, the discounted bid security is unacceptable. why?

Because during evaluation proceedings, always we have about 3 to four stages of evaluation depends on the type of procurement subject matter.So the examination of submitted acceptable bid security is always observed under preliminary stage which have to conform or to be in the line for what requested in tender advert and in the bid document, while the discount submitted or offered by the bidder is observed in commercial computation in stage 3 or four after all other stages have been passed including technical observations.

In this short comment, I would say that the evaluation team should consider those issues separately and in different stages to reach the conclusion whether the submitted bid security and discount bid security is acceptable in that matter.

GadielCM

Back to top Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY

Post  RJM Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:33 pm

One bidder submitted bid with discount of 3% and was properly recorded in the opening ceremony. In fact this discount was indicated in the Form of Bid.

i.e. we offer to execute A- B road in accordance with the Conditions of Contract accompanying this tender for the Contract Price of Tshs. 10,000,000,000.00, Ten Billion [Tshs.]. We are offering discount of 3% of the contract price.

The bidding documents required bidders to submit bid security of 3% of the tender sum. The referred bidder submitted bid security of 3% of the discounted amount i.e. 97% x 10,000,000,000 x 3% = Tshs. 291,000,000. Without applying discount the bid security would have been i.e. 10,000,000,000 x 3% = 300,000,000.

Now there is disagreement within Evaluation Team whether discounted bid security is acceptable and whether the bid is responsive in the context of submitted bid security.

What is your take on this?
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY Empty Re: DISCOUNT Vs BID SECURITY

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down