Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST

+2
RSM
mauka
6 posters

Go down

TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST Empty Re: TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST

Post  fmwalongo Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:55 am

Well ! submission of bid means handling your bid to the PE. Submission of post does not mean posting. So regardless of when one posted, the issue is when is the bid physically received by the PE. That's why the submission of bid is directly connected to the bid opeing. A bid not received and not opened shall not be considered.

fmwalongo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maduhu Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:14 pm

To your honour Gadiel,

Can anybody tell on the stage of the proposed bill? Can we do something?

Maduhu

Back to top Go down

Post  GadielCM Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Maduhu,
I concur with RJM, for this topic I went back to school in Rg 89/GN 97/2005 under Receipt of tenders and tender opening, Sorry to say that when we discuss the issues of procedures in procurement we end up with what the PPA 2004 and its regulations says or stipulates. If we conclude otherwise, that will be the silent features in the same Act.

The cited regulation do not stipulate or give exceptional on post delivery of tenders, late is late. May be we can say shortly that it is silent feature of our PPA 2004 AND ITS REGULATIONS together with the proposed new Act 2010 on receipt of tenders.

I submit

GadielCM

Back to top Go down

Post  Maduhu Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm

So, it means they are not connected? Is there no any coloration? Please, help me.

Maduhu

Back to top Go down

Post  RJM Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Maduhu,

I am afraid to say that the the action of rejecting late tenders can real "
jeopardize the position of remote bidders in fair competition especially in terms of preparation time"
This is because you have bring two dimensions which need to be discussed separately in relation to late bids "fair competition" and " bid preparation time".

Challenger2010, GEVE, GadielCM, Chilongani and other, please assist me on this.

Last edited by RJM on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

Post  Maduhu Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:45 pm

There comes to my point. Thanks RJM, for prompt response, I wish as it is, to have the post office as a government agent when such bidding process is done under the government platform.

Don't you think we might be jeopardizing the position of remote bidders in fair competition especially in terms of preparation time?

Maduhu

Back to top Go down

Post  RJM Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Maduhu wrote,

I wish if you can RJM let us know how will it be termed as late tender while the bidder has on time submitted? the day of submission can visually be displayed on the envelope post office's stamp.

Muduhu, if bidder has submitted his/her on time then that is not late. I stand to be corrected, our procurement legislations do not recognize "POST RULE" but rather based on the "LATE-IS-LATE". This is implies that bidder has the responsibility of ensuring that his/her bid is received before the date and time declare as a DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION. Therefore, the issue of envelope visually display post office stamp indicate when the bid was received by the post office in our legislations this is out of question as the post office is construed as an agent of the bidder like would have been for courier services and the like.

In other country such as USA there are exceptional cases whereby late bid can be accepted i.e. where bid is already in the government machinery or administration.
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

Post  Maduhu Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Very Interesting situation! I wish if you can RJM let us know how will it be termed as late tender while the bidder has on time submitted? the day of submission can visually be displayed on the envelope post office's stamp.

Maduhu

Back to top Go down

Post  RSM Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Mauka and others

May be before you start to comment on this interesting topic you ought to read about "Submission of Late Bids" under the topic Tendering Processes, Procedures and related Guidelines also in this forum where more less a similar scenario is raised but this time using DHL.

RSM

Back to top Go down

TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST Empty TENDER SUBMITTED BY POST

Post  mauka Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:05 pm

In certain competitive sealed bidding, one supplier submitted his bid by post as the last alternative in order to delivery his bid on time; basically, The tenderer is businessman who resides in different towns due to the nature of his business.

Three day before the deadline, He took an incomplete tender away with him to the one of the town in order to accomplish the necessary requirements of the tender, and on the following day, about 3.50 pm he sent by post his tender and was received at the X’s headquarter office on the day of opening but it was after the specified hour basically it was afternoon.

At this point, its where contradiction in terms took place amongst the TB’s members whether to accept or to reject the bid. Indeed, I found this to be very interesting to share with other forum members.

o On how to deal with such phenomenon, considering that the bidder submitted by post his bid two days before the opening day and
o What is position of PPA, 2004 in relation to the tender by post?

mauka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down