Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates

4 posters

Go down

criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates Empty Re: criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates

Post  RSM Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 pm

RJM,

You wrote
RSM, you mean Evaluation Committees are not features in above category? Who are SEKERETARIETI AND WASAIDIZI if Evaluation Committee not included?

Evaluation committee is not included. SEKERETARIETI AND WASAIDIZI in that circular means those responsible for assiting in that particular Board Meeting - those involved in typing of TB meeting documents and those present in the meeting.

I think to me the issue of the allowances to evaluation teams should really be left to the descrition of the Accounting Officer - fixing rates for example those of TB members - who sit on few times a month- could end up in a situation where they could be abused by evaluation team members trying to prolong the duration of carrying the evaluation to earn more money.

RSM

Back to top Go down

criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates Empty Re: criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates

Post  RJM Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 pm

RSM wrote;

The circular that RJM is talking about only covers allowances to Tender Board Members and Tender Opening sub-committee. It does not cover evaluation of tenders. This is something that I am sure of.

I remember sometimes back a clarification was given that evaluation committees are a kind of special committees for special tasks and it is the discretion of the CEO to pay them honorariun commensurate with the size and complexity of the assignment.

RSM I have revisited the circular which was issued 2006 to be applied from financial year 2006/07. Basically the referred circular is grouped into four categories which are relevant in this case;

A: Wizara, Mikoa na Wilaya (Regional, District & Ministerial Tender Boards);
B: Kamati za Zabuni ya Mkoa (Regional Tender Boards)
C: Kamati ya Zabuni ya Wilaya (District Tender Boards) - I don't think if this exist in the current set up.
D: Kamati ya Zabuni ya Mawakala na Idara za Serikali zinazojitegemea wanaopata ruzuku serikalini

Kwenye waraka huo watu wanaostahili kupata posho ni MWENYEKITI, WAJUMBE, KATIBU, SEKRETARIETI (MENEJIMENTI) na WASAIDIZI kutokana viwango vilivyowekwa kwa kila mtu.

RSM, you mean Evaluation Committees are not features in above category? Who are SEKERETARIETI AND WASAIDIZI if Evaluation Committee not included?

My worry is in this "discretion of CEO factor" of paying honorarium depend on the size and complexity. As we all know "discretion" is sometimes subject to abused - in most case it is abused! Take a scenario whereby Evaluation Committee is constituted by three members to evaluate tender worth 20 billion for three days without relieve them form other normal duties and paid Tshs. 20,000 per day [Discretion of CEO]. Other "discretion of CEO" - no payment for Evaluation Committee simple because it is construed to to be in the "other duties assign by the employer" category.

To me, evaluation process is the one of the most sensitive and risky parts in the procurement cycle. Garbage in, Garbage out. Selection of bids that give VALUE FOR MONEY to the Procuring Entity to great extent depends on the quality of the evaluation process.

In this context, I think the allowance for Evaluation Committees should be crystal clear if impliedly not included in the referred circular. We should also contemplate to prescribe number of days which Evaluation Committee should be given to evaluate bids/proposals depending on the size and complexity i.e. value.

I think it is high time now we respect the evaluation process and give due weight.
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

Post  RSM Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:03 pm

RJM wrote

Section 11 of the Second Schedule of the PPA 2004 [page 68] gives the Minister power to prescribe fees and allowance which may be payable to the Chairman and members of the board. Tute I have come across a circular from the Ministry of Finance issued I think 2006 which specified allowances for different government institutions involved in procurement process. I think this circular should be the basis of paying the allowance.

The circular that RJM is talking about only covers allowances to Tender Board Members and Tender Opening sub-committee. It does not cover evaluation of tenders. This is something that I am sure of.

I remember sometimes back a clarification was given that evaluation committees are a kind of special committees for special tasks and it is the discretion of the CEO to pay them honorariun commensurate with the size and complexity of the assignment.

RSM

Back to top Go down

criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates Empty criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates

Post  GadielCM Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:03 pm

RJM, there you are,No comment on that. It is high time for Tute to find out the Circular because it is the base for all we use to pay the evaluation team and other tender proceeding meetings.The Circular categorises PE's for payment rate (e.g Ministries, Local Government, Parastatal, Independent Department), so Tute, you can find where your category of PE and its payment rate.

GadielCM

Back to top Go down

Post  RJM Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Tute wrote;

there has been differences in payment criteria for members of eval. teams. some PE pay per day after estimating number of days and some pay per number of tenders ! which criteria should be followed? who sets the rates ? because the current rates for eval. members in most PE's is not realistic! the workload is big than the payment!!! plz forward the sms to those concerned so that they review the rates!!!

Section 11 of the Second Schedule of the PPA 2004 [page 68] gives the Minister power to prescribe fees and allowance which may be payable to the Chairman and members of the board. Tute I have come across a circular from the Ministry of Finance issued I think 2006 which specified allowances for different government institutions involved in procurement process. I think this circular should be the basis of paying the allowance. Therefore, I argue you to look for this circular so that you can you can claim what is entitlement.
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates Empty criteria for tender evaluation payment and setting of rates

Post  tute Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 pm

there has been differences in payment criteria for members of eval. teams. some PE pay per day after estimating number of days and some pay per number of tenders ! which criteria should be followed? who sets the rates ? because the current rates for eval. members in most PE's is not realistic! the workload is big than the payment!!! plz forward the sms to those concerned so that they review the rates!!!

tute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down