Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services!

4 posters

Go down

Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! Empty INFLATED PRICE

Post  Rutaihwa Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Yona
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012
To my view the price quoted in public tendering are affected by payment system in Government. Since there are unneccesary delay to affect the payment during and after completion the assignment.
Also the price in the market most of them are Invitation to make an offer in this case it is not easy to compare with the price quoted in competetive tendering and to conclude that the prices quorted by suppliers are not reflected in the market.

Yonas Gabriel wrote:RJM,
here my concern is where a competitive tendering procedure was followed,but you find that in reality the prices quorted by suppliers are not reflected in the market in any case. I thought thats why Kenyan have decided to put a price list as a bench mark to both suppliers and users of goods and services.

Rutaihwa

Back to top Go down

Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! Empty Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services!

Post  Yonas Gabriel Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm

RJM,
here my concern is where a competitive tendering procedure was followed,but you find that in reality the prices quorted by suppliers are not reflected in the market in any case. I thought thats why Kenyan have decided to put a price list as a bench mark to both suppliers and users of goods and services.

Yonas Gabriel

http://parapandatz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! Empty Re: Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services!

Post  RJM Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Yonas,

I am not sure the inflated prices you are referring whether the suppliers, contractors and service providers are/were selected through competitive bidding process or not. Direct to the point, who is inflating the prices?

CGM-''Ng'wigi'',

The biggest challenge for both PPRA and GPSA is updating frequently the price list in each category in the website. I doubt if PPRA/GPSA [whoever is mandated to update] has capacity to update the list frequently to meet expectation of the stakeholders.

Another challenge is the hype inflation we are experiencing now as a country. Our currency (shilling) is falling drastically against foreign currencies. Do we have control for this as way of controlling the prices? Fun enough is the prices of the items in the shops around Dar es Salaam are in Dollar. One day was buying flash disk, I enquired the price, I was told is $60 and seller took a calculator he computed the equivalent price in Tshs for that day [Tshs. 96,000]. In fact I did not buy. The second day I went to the same shop, I was told still $ 60 equivalent of Tshs. 96,100. I asked myself where am I living in New York or China? The second question came to my mind is when these flash disks were imported in Tanzania and what was the exchange rate by then? How much profit these guys are making just playing with the exchange rates? Who is smart here as this trend will go on and on. What is the problem? And I am sure that they are doing the same thing when bidding to supply items to the public entities. Who is to blame?
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! Empty Re: Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services!

Post  CGM-''Ng'wigi'' Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Yonas,
Previously the price list were found in PPRA website. Currently I am not sure if this price list have been updated and even if you refers to GPSA awarded contracts under FWC you will find only for items under FWC. Other FWC not indicating the price, yet I am not sure that if the price list are all equal to all suppliers listed at GPSA for particular awarded contracts e.g for supply of computers and related accessories.

It is high time now to have that updated price list so as to avoid for so called ''the inflated price'' during acquisition of goods/services in public procurement.

CGM-''Ng'wigi''

Back to top Go down

Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services! Empty Inflated prices in Public Procurement of Goods and Services!

Post  Yonas Gabriel Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Please friends,where can i find a Price List guide for public entities on procurement of goods, works and services? is it from PPRA or GPSA? I believe this can help Internal Auditor's in identifying inflated prices,it will act as a benchmark.

Yonas Gabriel

http://parapandatz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down