Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
STORE & PMU EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
STORE & PMU EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
STORE & PMU EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
STORE & PMU EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
STORE & PMU EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
STORE & PMU EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
STORE & PMU EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
STORE & PMU EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
STORE & PMU EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

STORE & PMU

2 posters

Go down

STORE & PMU Empty Re: STORE & PMU

Post  Rutaihwa Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:33 pm

GADIEL, Happy new year!!!!!
There are no need to separate PMU and Stores, but within the PMU there should be a Separation of duties. As you say,the Head of PMU should have unit to oversee, thats, the procurement officers to place orders, or simply to manage all procurements and the store personnel should look after delivered goods and handle all stores activities but in the same unit.IN ADDITION AFTER INSPECTED BY RECEIVING COMMITTEE FORMED AS PER REGULATION 127 GN 97 2005 [Public Procurement (goods,works,non-consultant Services and disposal of public assets by Tender)]

GadielCM wrote:When I was in tailor made training made by jointly of two PE's facilitated by PPRA 2008. During that session, we taught about formation of PMU unit in respective PE by use of different classification of procurement volume.One issue raised is when a certain PE has SUPPLIES unit comprised 6 procurement and supplies professionals. and among of those procurement professionals they placed in Supplies Unit (store ) and others in PMU.

The question came; after PMU formed who will be in PMU and who will be in Store?. I remember the facilitator told the trainee that, you as PE, consider fisrt your class, let say among six procurement and supplies professional, two will remain at store who reports to Director of Finance/OR ANY OTHER dept and 4 transfered to PMU unit who reports direct to AO.The trainee imparted the concept of store personnel will report at any department rather than having in the same PMU.The facilitator told us that, PMU will deal with procurements only and will not deal with any store activities to maintain independence, and that the person procured should not be the the same to receive, and issue the goods from the the store. May be, this concept was valid according to Public Finance Regulation 2001 of GN.132 of 6/07/2001 under Regulation 191(2) says'' The task of receiving and checking stores shall be carried out by an officer other than the one who places the orders and authorises payment for the supplies''.

By virtue of this regulation and for my interpretation I thought that, when PMU formed, the concept of store personnel will remain to other department as the one who receive and check the stores. while the one places orders will remain in the hand of PMU, Je wadau mpo?.

In my brain, it sense, but my question is, why these two units separated while they governed by one board and they are in the smae professional, same knowledge and same skills for supply chain management and not only looking their activities and looks on what they possess in terms of their professionalism?. Store personnel can possess and they can be registered under any category of NBMM and now is PSPTB Like other personnel transfered to PMU?, WHAT UNIQUE DISTIGUISH CHARACTER TO BE DISTIGUISHED FROM ONE DEPT TO ANOTHER?. We know sure that store personnel and PMU staff can hold CPSP(T), can be registered in category of APPROVED SUPPLIES/VERIFICATION OFFICER, AUTHORISED CATEGORY, So what so special to separate these professionals in the same PE?.

WHY for accountants called cashier should report directly to AO because they receive and issue the money which the AO is the one responsible to authorise and is the holder of PE vote?, why Chief and principal accountant or accounts assistant or assistant accountant should be separated due to thei duties and responsiblities?. All these are called Accountants as well as Internal Auditor is an accountant and they placed in the same dapartment but they differ their duties.

Very suprising, when I was in another large scale training facililated by IPS-Chanika onbehalf of PPRA in thjis year, the same issue raised. Where the store should report?. In this session the facilitator changed my mind different form above point. The facilitator said, how comes store to be separated by PMU?. This point concured with my view point of the same professional with the different reporting departments. The facilitator said, the Head of PMU should have unit to oversee, thats, the procurement officers to place orders, or simply to manage all procurements and the store personnel should look after delivered goods and handle all stores activities but in the same unit. So my concur with point is that, what's wrong with this? if these professionals are in the same unit headed by HPMU who both reports to AO?.

BY this say, I submit the topic to be discussed and clarified.

Rutaihwa

Back to top Go down

STORE & PMU Empty STORE & PMU

Post  GadielCM Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:09 pm

When I was in tailor made training made by jointly of two PE's facilitated by PPRA 2008. During that session, we taught about formation of PMU unit in respective PE by use of different classification of procurement volume.One issue raised is when a certain PE has SUPPLIES unit comprised 6 procurement and supplies professionals. and among of those procurement professionals they placed in Supplies Unit (store ) and others in PMU.

The question came; after PMU formed who will be in PMU and who will be in Store?. I remember the facilitator told the trainee that, you as PE, consider fisrt your class, let say among six procurement and supplies professional, two will remain at store who reports to Director of Finance/OR ANY OTHER dept and 4 transfered to PMU unit who reports direct to AO.The trainee imparted the concept of store personnel will report at any department rather than having in the same PMU.The facilitator told us that, PMU will deal with procurements only and will not deal with any store activities to maintain independence, and that the person procured should not be the the same to receive, and issue the goods from the the store. May be, this concept was valid according to Public Finance Regulation 2001 of GN.132 of 6/07/2001 under Regulation 191(2) says'' The task of receiving and checking stores shall be carried out by an officer other than the one who places the orders and authorises payment for the supplies''.

By virtue of this regulation and for my interpretation I thought that, when PMU formed, the concept of store personnel will remain to other department as the one who receive and check the stores. while the one places orders will remain in the hand of PMU, Je wadau mpo?.

In my brain, it sense, but my question is, why these two units separated while they governed by one board and they are in the smae professional, same knowledge and same skills for supply chain management and not only looking their activities and looks on what they possess in terms of their professionalism?. Store personnel can possess and they can be registered under any category of NBMM and now is PSPTB Like other personnel transfered to PMU?, WHAT UNIQUE DISTIGUISH CHARACTER TO BE DISTIGUISHED FROM ONE DEPT TO ANOTHER?. We know sure that store personnel and PMU staff can hold CPSP(T), can be registered in category of APPROVED SUPPLIES/VERIFICATION OFFICER, AUTHORISED CATEGORY, So what so special to separate these professionals in the same PE?.

WHY for accountants called cashier should report directly to AO because they receive and issue the money which the AO is the one responsible to authorise and is the holder of PE vote?, why Chief and principal accountant or accounts assistant or assistant accountant should be separated due to thei duties and responsiblities?. All these are called Accountants as well as Internal Auditor is an accountant and they placed in the same dapartment but they differ their duties.

Very suprising, when I was in another large scale training facililated by IPS-Chanika onbehalf of PPRA in thjis year, the same issue raised. Where the store should report?. In this session the facilitator changed my mind different form above point. The facilitator said, how comes store to be separated by PMU?. This point concured with my view point of the same professional with the different reporting departments. The facilitator said, the Head of PMU should have unit to oversee, thats, the procurement officers to place orders, or simply to manage all procurements and the store personnel should look after delivered goods and handle all stores activities but in the same unit. So my concur with point is that, what's wrong with this? if these professionals are in the same unit headed by HPMU who both reports to AO?.

BY this say, I submit the topic to be discussed and clarified.

GadielCM

Back to top Go down