Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
Summary of Audit Results-Comments! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Summary of Audit Results-Comments!

2 posters

Go down

Summary of Audit Results-Comments! Empty Re: Summary of Audit Results-Comments!

Post  RSM Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm

GadielCM

Your observation is correct. Reg. 83(3) of GN. No. 97/2005 was mistakenly cited; under the circumstance, the right citation is Reg. 83(5) of GN. No. 97/2005. However, Reg. 68(5) of GN. No. 97/2005 is not appropriate in this situation as it is specifically dealing with the approval of shortlisted suppliers before inviting quotations. Likewise, Reg. 68(5) of GN. No. 97/2005 is not appropriate as it gives guidance on what should be the contents of the invitation for quotation.

RSM

Back to top Go down

Summary of Audit Results-Comments! Empty Summary of Audit Results-Comments!

Post  GadielCM Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm

I was passing through the TPJ Supplement issued 11th, May 2010 on page 6 under ''Summary of Audit results for procurement carried out in FY 2008/2009. I often used to read this page to see the general performance of PE's audited and get the right observations and recommendations was made by the auditors (means the Authority).

However, through my reading, I came accross with the observations made to Tanzania Education Authority(TEA) under ''(f)Approvals''.In this phrase, I tried to related for the Regulations cited and for the real Regulations concerned with the observations as for my understanding, it says,(f)Approvals., .......... ''However, there was no evidence that documents used under quotation basis were approved by Tender Board as stipulated under Regulation 83(3) of G.N No.97 OF 2005''. But when you refers to the Regulations cited it talk about the PE's to use the appropriate standard tender documents issued by the authority.

It does not talk/stipulate the approval of the bidding document. I think the right Regulation for tender board approval for standard bidding document is Regulation 83(5)'' Says ''PMU shall table in good time before the planned issue of the tender documents, the draft text of the tender documents to the tender board for comment and approval, .....................................Tender documents that have not been approved by appropriate tender board shall not be considered as sufficient and adequate to satisfy these Regulations''.

Apparently to that, I thought also the relevant Regulations for documents under quotation basis is that of Regulation 68(5, 7) G.N No. 97 of 2005 which stipulate the approval of list of suppliers/service provider together with the RFQ in which is the document used for procument under quotation basis.the Rg 68(5)/GN. NO.97 stipulate that '' The list of the suppliers to be contacted shall be submitted to the appropriate tender board for approval and therfore the procuring entity shall address a request for quotations to all approved suppliers simultneously'' and that of Rg 68(7) talk about the'' RFQ format that is the letter of invitation for quotations and any attachments.

From these regulations, I would prefer the Regulations to be cited is either both of Rg68(5,7) and that of RG 83(5) /GN. NO.97 which provide the relevant phrase for recommendations and approvals cited to Tanzania Education Authority and it could be benefit to other procurement practioners.

I submit for any comment to enlighten me for these regulations, May be I confuse.

GadielCM

Back to top Go down