Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors

Go down

Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors Empty Professional Fees Chargeable to Architects and Quantity Surveyors

Post  RJM Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm

On 1st February, 2010 the Architects and Quantity Surveyors [Registration] Act, 2010 was passed in the National Assembly and gazzetted on 26th March, 2010. Section 51 of this Act is of interesting to me which states

51(1) Every architect, quantity surveyor and every firm shall be bound by the scale of fee, prescribed by the Board notwithstanding any provision in any other law, regulations or by-laws of the authority, association, institute, society or organization to which he is a member.

51(2) Any provision in any law. Regulation, by-law of any authority, association, institute, society, organization of architects or quantity surveyors or firms, incorporated or founded, providing for a minimum scale of fee for services rendered by an architect, quantity surveyor or firm shall not bind any member in relation to any rendered in Tanzania and that provisions in any law, regulation or by-law shall not be forward as a ground for claiming fee at a rate less than the rate prescribed, authorized, approved or decided by the Board or person appointed by the Board to as an arbitrator.

The practice has been charging professional fees as percentage of construction cost as provided in the By-Law 2000 [AQRB]. Now that law is in place which bounds practitioners use the scale of fee prescribed by the Board I believe this will make charging professional fees based on the percentage of construction cost more “rigorously enforced” by the Board if at all this law precede other laws the way it appears. Based on the above, I have the following concern regarding this section.

I am aware that Standard Request for Proposals [SRFP] prepared and issued by PPRA do not provide provision consultant to charge professional fee based on the percentage of construction cost. The referred RFPs are based on either Lump-sum Contracts [payment slinked with the output] or Time-based Contract [payments linked with the inputs] and are structured in such way that the cost estimates for the assignments are build-up on basis of staff-months/days/weeks, reimbursable costs etc. However, I have to say that R83(3) allows use of percentage contract in the circumstances that if it is based on a fixed target cost [I believe that the idea here is to establish the “cap” which the client will pay to the consultant]. Base on this I think PPRA position is procuring entities to use the RFP as they are. However, we would like PPRA to comment on this. My main concern is whether AQRB can raise objections where the procuring entities issue the RFPs which do not containing provision of paying professional fees based on the construction cost?
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down