Tanzania Public Procurement Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HOW TO REGISTER A COMPANY FOR PPRA PROCUREMENTS
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:13 pm by yohanaamon@yahoo.com

» Is non-submission of invalid CRB receipt voucher a major deviation?
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 am by RJM

» MAKANDARASI KUWEKWA NDANI KWA KUTOKAMILISHA MIRADI NDANI YA MUDA
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 12:46 am by RJM

» How Supplier can register in e-Procurement system (TANePS)
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:48 am by pms

» Kukosekana risiti ya ununuzi wa tenda
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm by ALLY MUNIR

» IS IT TIME TO THINK OF DEACTIVATING TENDER BOARDS AND INTRODUCE A MECHANISM OF PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL OPINION?
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm by pms

» e-Procurement System is now operational
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm by Admin

» TENDA ZINAPOKOSA WAOMBAJI
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm by thanksme

» Attendance of District Treasurer in Council Tender Board meetings
Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm by GWK

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 1676 registered users
The newest registered user is esagile

Our users have posted a total of 1240 messages in 351 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 225 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:24 pm

Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process

3 posters

Go down

Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process Empty Re: Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process

Post  RJM Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 pm

The typical clause which RSM is referring is reproduced below for reference.

38. Procuring Entities Right to Vary Quantities at the Time of Award

38.1 The Procuring Entity reserves the right at the time of contract award to increase or decrease the quantity of goods or related services originally specified in these Bidding documents (schedule of requirements) provided this does not exceed by the percentage indicated in the Bid Data Sheet, without any change in unit price or other terms and conditions of the Bid and Bidding documents.

Percentage for quantities increase or decrease is (insert percentage) [This should not exceed 15 percent] - Bid Data Sheet.

First Dimension of the Issue Posted by the YOUR VIEWS:

RSM, the clause reproduced above to me this is a privilege clause which gives unilateral right to PE to increase or decrease goods or related services at time of contract award and I do not think this right is subject to negotiation.
Moreover, I do not see any connection to this clause and negotiation clause provided in most, if not all Standard Bidding Documents issued by PPRA as one clause is all about “unilateral right to vary quantities” and other is all about “negotiation”.

RSM, from your submission one may take a view that the negotiations to held for purpose of reducing quantities for budgetary reasons it is direct linked to the unilateral right PEs are given to vary quantities at the time of award. If this is the case then the reduction of quantities cannot exceed 15%.

RSM, the question is, can these two clauses “Negotiation” and “PEs Right to Vary Quantities at the Time of Award” linked and interpreted together as provided in the Instruction to Bidders in most of Standard Bidding Documents?

Second Dimension

YOUR VIEWS wrote

[2] Can PEs reducing the quantities by 50% or more?

If I consider myself as the lowest evaluated bidder negotiating whereby PE intend to reduce the quantities for budgetary reasons – one question will be clicking in my head is to what extent my profit and overhead costs are affected by the reduction? In situation whereby the client is intending to reduce quantities by 50% definitely business elements [profit and overhead costs] will suffer considerably – chance of agreeing such reduction is minimal. To me not all reductions will be favorable to the bidder –even that not exceeding 15% could be disputed.
RJM
RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

Back to top Go down

Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process Empty Re: Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process

Post  RSM Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 am

YOUR VIEWS

My understanding is that the Standard Bidding Documents provides for quantity increase or reduction of up to 15%.

This is interesting, can we actually reduce quantities up to 50% because of budgetary contraints? Does not this reflect on poor estimating and budgeting?

RSM

Back to top Go down

Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process Empty Limit of Reduction of Quantities in the Negotiation Process

Post  YOUR VIEWS Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:22 pm

One of the parameters Procuring Entities are allowed to negotiate as R95(1)/97/2005 is the reduction of quantities for budgetary reasons. My concerns are as follows:-

[1] Is there any limit of reduction or PEs can reduce the quantities as their budget allow?
[2] Can PEs reducing the quantities by 50% or more?

YOUR VIEWS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down